Dillian Whyte wants to KO Anthony Joshua’s potential December undisputed decider with Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder.

The 31-year-old Brixton ace has been the No1 contender for the WBC heavyweight title, that changed hands between Fury and Wilder on February 22, for almost three years.

But he is no closer to a crack at Fury’s new crown as he has a trilogy fight with the Bronze Bomber set for July 18.

Whyte should be next in line for the winner but AJ and promoter Eddie Hearn want to jump in and complete WBA, IBF and WBA king Joshua’s belt collection at the end of the year.

But the Body Snatcher, who shares Hearn’s Matchroom promotional stable with old enemy Joshua, wants to grab that chance ahead of his big rival.

Ahead of his May 2 clash with dangerous Russian veteran Alexander Povetkin, Whyte said: “Wilder and Fury do not even need a rematch but I understand it is contractual.

“But the winner of that third fight should be fighting me, there should be no undisputed fight ahead of me and that is what we are trying to work on with the WBC, to try to put something in place to avoid happening.

“I have more than paid my dues and I don’t want to be fighting for a world title when I am 36.

“I want to fight for it now, win it and defend it until I am 36-37 before running off into the night.

“Eddie is Joshua’s promoter too and he is obviously bigger than me at the minute so I understand.

“We are his No1 and No2 heavyweights but things can change very quickly in this division, as you saw in June last year when he lost to Andy Ruiz Jr.”

Tyson Fury will fight Deontay Wilder for a third time in July – with the winner expected to meet Anthony Joshua

Seconds after Fury’s sensational Las Vegas demolition of previously undefeated Wilder, Hearn tried to quash the contracted third fight and get AJ in the ring with the Gypsy King.

The matchmaker Tweeted: “No need for a third let’s go straight to it in the summer!”

But Whyte was quick on the draw and typed back rapidly to point out that Hearn is supposed to look after the interests of both London heavyweights.

He replied: “How about doing what’s right and forcing him to fight me first as the No1 challenger.”

Savvy Whyte knows a public row with Hearn is bad for his big-money business but he wants his long-overdue shot ASAP.

He said: “I pulled Eddie up but he did not say much. Eddie is a businessman.

“It p***** me off sometimes but when we do business, we do great business and he is saying all the right things now.”

Whyte was accused of failing a drugs test in the build-up to his July win over Oscar Rivas but UKAD cleared him in December on the eve of his fight with Mariusz Wach.

The Jamaica-born tank weighed a career-heaviest 19st 5lbs for that Saudi Arabia win but insists we will not see him in that shape again now his mind and record have been cleared.

AJ currently holds the IBF, WBA and WBO title belts

Read Also:Boxing: Wilder Will Bounce Back, His Fiancee Assures Boxing Buffs

He said: “I was at my heaviest in June in Saudi, but I had all sorts of problems going on in my head.

“You can train to be healthy, you can train to lose weight and you can train for a fight.

“I was only training to stop myself from getting into a deep depression. It was either train or lose my mind.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here