Cristiano Ronaldo is set to remain in Madeira after Italy extended its coronavirus lockdown.
Juventus had made plans for a return to training after players finished a 14-day home quarantine following a recall on Monday.
But the idea is understood to have been scrapped after Italian PM Giuseppe Conte extended a nationwide coronavirus lockdown until May 3.
Portuguese media say the 35-year-old striker will now stay on his native island for the foreseeable future.
He is expected to remain in the rented £3,500-a-week six-bed mansion he moved into recently near the fishing village of Canical with his partner Georgina Rodriguez and four children.
They left a seven-storey apartment in the Madeiran capital Funchal Ronaldo bought last year for the villa with a garden overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
Ironically it emerged on Saturday his boyhood club CD Nacional will become the first team in Portugal to resume training.
Club president Rui Alves confirmed overnight training sessions would restart in the stadium where the Juventus star was pictured practicing earlier this week.
He said players would be kept apart in different parts of the pitch in accordance with social distancing recommendations.
Cristiano’s training session at second-tier side CD Nacional, his club before he signed for Sporting Lisbon ahead of his arrival at Old Trafford, led to Madeira’s head of health Pedro Ramos being quizzed at a press conference.
He said the player had no special permission to train but insisted he believed he had stayed within local coronavirus lockdown rules by using his time to do physical exercise.
Ronaldo has been in Madeira since March 9 with his family.
He returned to the island ahead of the suspension of Serie A football after his mum Dolores Aveiro, 65, suffered a stroke.