Super Eagles and Lille fc striker Victor Osimhen has been awarded the Marc Vivien foe award by Popular French media outlets RFI and France 24.
The Lille highest goal scorer of the season gathered 284 points ahead runners-up Algerian Islam Slimani of Monaco who registered 95 points.
Osimhen is the second consecutive Lille player to win the Award, he becomes just the second Nigerian to win the annual event organized in memory of Cameroonian great and former Olympique Lyonnais midfield maestro Marc Vivien Foe of Blessed memory.
Côte d’Ivoire and Arsenal forward Nicholas Pepe won the award last year with Lille before departing the French Ligue 1 side.
Final votes produced the following results:
1. Victor OSIMHEN (Nigeria/Lille LOSC) – 284 points
2. Islam SLIMANI (Algérie/AS Monaco) – 95 points
3. Yunis ABDELHAMID (Maroc/Stade de Reims) – 89 points
4. Habib DIALLO (Senegal/FC Metz) – 52 points
5. M’Baye NIANG (Senegal/Stade rennais) – 43 points
6. Idrissa GUEYE (Senegal/Paris SG) – 37 points
7. Hamari TRAORÉ (Mali/Stade Rennais) – 37 points
8. Denis BOUANGA (Gabon/AS Saint-Etienne) – 27 points
9. Edouard MENDY (Senegal/Stade rennais) – 24 points
10. Andy DELORT (Algeria/Montpellier HSC) – 13 points
11. Moses SIMON (Nigeria/FC Nantes) – 10 points
Osimhen recently won Lille’s player of the year for the 2019/2020 season in his first season with the Flandres side, scored 18 goals and made Six assists in 27 appearances.
Previous winners of Marc-Vivien Foe Award and Year of success.
2009: Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux / Morocco)
2010: Yao Gervinho (Lille / Côte d’Ivoire)
2011:Yao Gervinho (Lille / Côte d’Ivoire)
2012: Younès Belhanda (Montpellier / Morocco)
2013: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Saint-Etienne / Gabon)
2014: Vincent Enyeama (Lille / Nigeria)
2015: André Ayew (Marseille / Ghana)
2016: Sofiane Boufal (Lille / Morocco)
2017: Jean Mickaël Seri (Nice / Ivory Coast)
2018: Karl Toko-Ekambi (Angers SCO / Cameroon)
2019: Nicolas Pepe (Lille / Ivory Coast)
2020: Victor Osimhen (Lille/Nigeria)