KRC Genk striker, Paul Onuachu, says he is “very well” despite contracting COVID-19, as his followers on Instagram increased by over 10,000 after news broke on Wednesday that he had tested positive.
Onuachu was the only Genk player who tested positive for COVID-19 after the club conducted tests on Tuesday in preparation for their first pre-season game.
He said prior to the tests, he was previously tested twice upon his return to Belgium from Nigeria and both tests were negative.
“I’m very well as I talk with you,” Onuachu told The PUNCH.
“I’m not just in the mood to talk right now. It’s the third test and the first two were negative.
“In a couple of days I will undergo another test and I will be fine, so there’s no need for panic.”
The 26-year-old admitted that his Instagram followers had increased after the news broke that he tested positive for the virus.
“I have even had more followers on Instagram wishing me speedy recovery after the news of my COVID-19 status,” Onuacgu added.
According to our findings it showed that Onuachu’s Instagram followers increased by 10,000, from 11,700 to 21,700.
“Everyone has to be careful and judge things how they go and hopefully the virus will go soon and everyone will be back to normal.”
Following Onuachu’s test result, Genk’s pre-season friendly against Eendracht Termien on Thursday evening was canceled.