Napoli striker Victor Osimhen says the decision to award Juventus three points and three goals after the Naples side could not honour their Serie A game is unfair.
Napoli were also docked an additional point after they failed to show up for the clash against the champions October 4, after two of their players tested positive for COVID-19.
The Azzurris were ordered by their local health authorities to go into isolation thereafter, which stopped Osimhen from the Eagles friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia earlier in the month.
The 21-year-old said they were ready for the Juve game but for the rules which prevented them from travelling.
“Juventus? I don’t know, but there’s the COVID situation. That’s why we couldn’t travel. We were charged for the match, then we were blocked by the COVID rules. It’s a bit unfair, the decision they made later,” Osimhen told TLN.
He also spoke about his fears before moving to Italy from Ligue 1 side Lille in the summer.
“At first, I was a bit afraid of coming to Italy, not Naples in particular, but I spoke with the coach first and then the president. Before I had even signed, the fans showed me a lot of love when I arrived. It was easy for me to make this decision.
“It’s a dream come true for me because I watched (Gennaro) Gattuso play, and to play for him is a great satisfaction. I can grow as a player and as a man, and I’m sure I will improve.”